The mission of IORG is to promote orthopaedic research in India by helping individual orthopaedic surgeons and clinical departments throughout the country. The focus of the group is to:
- Help publish research studies in various international and national peer-reviewed journals
- Design and conduct research studies
- Establish academic research divisions in institutions which will initiate and sustain research projects
- Conduct high quality basic and clinical research studies through collaboration with various institutions and industries
- Publish peer-reviewed journals to provide a platform for Indian Orthopaedic reserchers to publish their work
The core team of IORG consists of:
Dr Gautam Shetty, MS Orth
Both these members have participated in various national and international research projects and have published over 60 peer-reviewed papers in various national and international journals. Their experience in orthopaedic research includes designing and conducting cadaveric studies, animal studies, clinical studies, clinical trials, and biomechanical studies; publication of papers, books and journals; and designing orthopaedic-related software and phone applications.
Dr Surendra Patil, DNB, D Orth
He is a Knee and Hip Arthroplasty Surgeon, Involved in Research project related to Joint Replacement. He won the prestigious Late K T Dholakia Gold Medal for Research in Knee arthroplasty at the ROC conference in Jan 2011. He looks after the IORG networking and works tirelessly for Promotion of IORG Research Principles.
Dr Prashant Deshmane.
After Finishing residency from KEM Hospital Mumbai, he spent time in arthroplasty and sports medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital and ISK institute and is currently working on various research projects collaborating with IORG.
Dr Chirag Thonse. N, MS Orth
Budding Arthroscopy and Trauma Surgeon from Mangalore, has keen interest in Case Reports. He is the Current Associate Editor for Journal of Orthopaedic Case reports and looks after the Journal working. IORG is in the process of constituting Chapters based in each state of India to increase participation and contribution of orthopaedic surgeons from all over the country.