Below is the list of all the article published by the Indian Orthopaedic Research Group. These include article either individually or collectively authored by the chief researchers of Indian Orthopaedic Research Group
1. Postoperative limb alignment and its determinants after minimally-invasive Oxford medial unicompartmental knee arthroplasty.Journal of Arthroplasty Accepted for publication Mar 2011.
2. Persistent hindfoot valgus causes lateral deviation of weight-bearing axis after total knee arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res Accepted for publication Nov 2010.
3. Alignment of computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty in patients with altered hip center.Journal of Arthroplasty Accepted for publication Nov 2010.
4. Posterior reattachment of a radial tear in posterior root of medial meniscus. Orthopedics Accepted for publication Oct 2010.
5. Effect of periarticular clonidine on postoperative pain and function after total knee arthroplasty. Journal of Orthropaedics and Rehabilitation 2011;1:44-50.
6. Juxtaphyseal intraosseous haemangioma of proximal femur causing coxa vara and coxa breva deformity in a growing child. Journal of Orthropaedics and Rehabilitation 2011;1:121-124.
8. Early complications of medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy using autologous tricortical iliac bone graft and T-plate fixation. TheKnee. 2010 Aug 26. [Epub ahead of print]
9. Optimal bearing surfaces for total hip replacement in the young patient: a meta-analysis. International Orthopaedics 2010 Aug 5. [Epub ahead of print]
10. Total knee replacement for arthritic knees with tibio-fibular stress fractures: Classification and treatment guidelines. Journal of Arthroplasty 2010; 25: 295-301.
11. Lateral epicondylar osteotomy using computer navigation in total knee arthroplasty for rigid valgus deformities. Journal of Arthroplasty 2010; 25: 166-9.
12. Simultaneous bilateral versus unilateral computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty: A prospective comparison of early postoperative pain and functional recovery. The Knee 2010; 17: 191-5.
13. Variability in the range of inter-anterior superior iliac spine distance and its correlation with femoral head centre: A prospective computer tomographic study of 200 adults. Skeletal Radiology 2010; 39: 363-8.
16. Osteonecrosis of the lateral femoral condyle following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: is bone bruising a risk factor?.Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery 2010; 130: 413-6.
17. Augmentation of autologous hamstring graft during anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using the bone chip technique. Knee Surgery Sports TraumatologyArthroscopy 2010; 18: 89-91.
18. Efficacy of periarticular injection of Bupivacaine, Fentanyl and Methylprednisolone in total knee arthroplasty: A prospective, randomized trial - Journal of Arthroplasty 2009 Dec 17. [Epub ahead of print]
19. Alignment in computer-navigated versus conventional total knee arthroplasty for valgus deformity. South African Orthopaedic Journal 2009; Spring: 40-46.
20. Computer-assisted TKA: Greater precision, doubtful clinical efficacy: Opposes. Orthopedics 2009; 32: 679.
21. Effect of repair of radial tears at the root of the posterior horn of medial meniscus with pullout suture technique: a biomechanical study using porcine knees. Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, 2009; 25: 1281-7.
22. Computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty for arthritis with extra-articular deformity. Journal of Arthroplasty, 2009; 24: 1164-9.e1..
23. Arthroscopic view of transient synovitis of the hip joint: a case report” - Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy 2009; 17: 1003-1005.
24. The effect of distraction resisting forces on tibia during distraction osteogenesis. Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (Am) 2009; 91:1671-1682.
25. Anterolateral incision in total knee arthroplasty: Is there a role for a longer incision in this day-and-age of minimal invasive surgery?” – European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology 2009; 19: 327.
26. Central popliteal mass due to communicating posterior cruciate ligament cyst: an indication for combined approach. Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery 2009; 25: 1051-3..
27. Localized pigmented villonodular synovitis of the posterior capsule of the knee. Journal of Knee Surgery 2009; 22: 267-9.
28. Nonfamilial hyperphosphatemic tumoral calcinosis with ulnar neuropathy.” – Joint Bone Spine 2009; 76: 198-201.
29. Persistent bilateral anterior hip pain in a young adult due to meralgia paresthetica: a case report. Cases Journal 2008; 1: 396.
30. Submuscular plating after distraction osteogenesis in children - Journal of Paediatric Orthopaedics B 2008; 17: 265-269.
31. Ganglion Cysts of the Posterior Cruciate Ligament. The Knee 2008; 15: 325-9.
32. Alcohol-induced multifocal osteonecrosis: a case report with 14-year follow-up. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery 2008; 128: 1149-52.
33. Tibial slope and patellar height after opening wedge high tibia osteotomy using autologous tricortical iliac bone graft. The Knee 2008; 15: 128-33.
34. Incarcerated patellar tendon in Hoffa fracture: an unusual cause of irreducible knee dislocation. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology,Arthroscopy 2008; 16: 378-81.
35. Neurofibromatous sensory neuropathy of the thigh in a 7 year old boy. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery 2008; 128: 1093-7.
36. Giant synovial cyst of knee treated arthroscopically through a cystic portal. Knee Surgery,Sports Traumatology,Arthroscopy 2008; 16: 175-8.
37. A simple and effective technique of femoral tunnel bone grafting in revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery 2008; 128: 1269-71.
38. Bilateral Valgus-Extension Osteotomy of Hip using Hybrid External Fixator in Spondyloepiphyseal Dysplasia – Early results of a salvage procedure. Journal of Paediatric Orthopaedics B 2008; 17: 21-5.
39. Effect of foot deformity on conventional mechanical axis deviation and ground mechanical axis deviation during single leg stance and two leg stance in genu varum. The Knee 2007; 14: 452-7.
40. Upper Cervical Spine Instability in Pseudoachondroplasia. Journal of Paediatric Orthopaedics 2007; 27: 782-7.
41. Bone Mineral Density of Proximal Femur and Spine in Korean Children between 2-18 years of age. Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism 2007; 25: 423-30.
42. Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy for Rigid Post-Tuberculous Kyphosis. Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (Br) 2006; 88: 925-7.
43.Use of antibiotic cement-impregnated intramedullary nail in treatment of infected non-union of long bones. Published in Indian J Orthop. 2009 Oct;43(4):396-402
44. The effect of distraction-resisting forces on the tibia during distraction osteogenesis. Published in J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009 Jul;91(7):1671-82.
45. Leg lengthening by distraction osteogenesis using the Ilizarov apparatus: a novel concept of tibia callus subsidence and its influencing factors. Published in International Orthopedics. 2009 Dec;33(6):1753-9.
46. Management of severe extra-articular contracture of the elbow by open arthrolysis and a monolateral hinged external fixator. Published in J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2010 Jan;92(1):92-7.
47. Nerve reconstruction: A cohort study of 93 cases of global brachial plexus palsy. Published in Indian J Orthop. 2011 Mar;45(2):153-60.
48. The INDUS knee prosthesis - Prospective multicentric trial of a posteriorly stabilized high-flex design: 2 years follow-up. Published in Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. 2009 Oct; 43(4):367-74.
49. Surgical treatment of adolescent severe stiff idiopathic scoliosis with combined anterior and posterior approach – a prospective cohort study. Journal of Orthopaedics 2009;6(4)e6
50. Outcome of Operatively Treated Anterior Column Fracture of the Acetabulum- A Short term Prospective Cohort Study. Journal of Orthopaedics 2009;6(4)e7
51. Effects of fractional hamstring release on crouching gait and scissoring gait in a patient of cerebral palsy. Medical Journal of Western India. Dec 2009; (37):61-69.
52. Clinical and Functional Outcome of Indus Knee Prosthesis- A prospective Single Centre Study. Medical Journal of Western India. Dec 2009; (37):35-43.
53. Callus patterns in femur lengthening using a monolateral external fixator. Paper published in Skeletal Radiology. 2008 Apr;37(4):329-34.
54. Neurofibromatosis sensory neuropathy of the thigh in a 7 year old boy. Paper published in Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2008 Oct;128(10):1093-7.
55. Alcohol induced Multifocal osteonecrosis: A case report with fourteen year follow-up. Paper published in Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2008 Oct; 128(10):1149-52.
56. Double Transosseous Pull Out Suture Technique for Transection of Posterior Horn of Medial Meniscus – Paper published in Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2008 Apr 30.
57. Nonfamilial hyperphosphatemic tumoral calcinosis with ulnar neuropathy: a case report – Paper published in Joint Bone Spine. Joint Bone Spine 2008 Dec 13.
58. Primary hemiarthroplasty for unstable osteoporotic intertrochanteric fractures in the elderly: A retrospective case series. Paper published in Indian J Orthop 2010;44:428-34
59. Skeletal age in Idiopathic short stature: An analytical study by the TW3 method and Greulich and Pyle method. Published in Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. 2010;44:322-6
60. Author's reply to comments on Shyam et al: Leg lengthening by distraction osteogenesis using the Ilizarov apparatus: a novel concept of tibia callus subsidence and its influencing factors. Published in International Orthopedics. 2010 Feb 27
61. Academic Research Divisions – The Concept and Role in Future of Indian Orthopedic Research. Published in AASI Bulletin 2010 July.
62. Correlation of kyphosis and wedge angles with outcome after percutaneous vertebroplasty: a prospective cohort study. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2011 Apr;19(1):35-40.
63. To the Editor: “Comparison of Ponseti and Kite's method of treatment for idiopathic clubfoot” – accepted for publication in Indian Journal of Orthopedics
64. Femoral Neuropathy caused by Unfixed Lesser Trochanter fragment in an Unstable Intertrochanteric Femur Fracture- a case report with review of literature. – accepted for Publication in Journal of Orthopedic Surgery and Research.
65. A Comparative Study of the Functional Outcome Of k-wire Fixation With Cast Cersus Ligamentotaxis In Management Of Distal End Comminuted Fracture Radius. J.Orthopaedics 2010;7(3)e3
66. Comparative study of mulligan’s vs. Maitland’s mobilization technique in adhesive capsulitis of shoulder joint –Accepted In Indian Journal Of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy.
67. Prospective study of clinical and functional outcome of arthroscopic reconstruction of combined posterolateral and cruciate ligament tears in traumatic knee injuries- Published in Journal of Orthopaedics, Traumatology and Rehabilitation, 2010; 3(1):22-28.
68. Hemiarthroplasty in complex fractures of the upper end of humerus – Accepted for Publication in Journal of Orthopedic Surgery (Hong Kong).
69. Posterior shoulder dislocation with humeral shaft fracture- a rare case report – Accepted for publication in European Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma.
70. Role of fibular plate and cast in management of distal tibia fractures – Accepted for Publication in Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma.
71. Vertebroplasty - Short Update: A miracle for painful vertebral osteoporotic fractures or a clinical illusion… - Published in Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 8-9.
72. Prospective study of use of single bundle 6 fold graft tendon for ACL reconstruction Clinical and functional outcome with analysis of factors affecting outcome. Published in Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 15-22.
73. Use of reconstruction nails in the treatment of bifocal femoral fractures:Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1):
74. A prospective case series. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 35-39.
75. Heel alignment variation before and after total knee arthroplasty - results of a pilot study. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 40-43.
76. Comparative Analysis of the Clinical and Functional Outcome of High Flex Indus Knee and Conventional Posteriorly Stabilized Total Knee Prosthesis – Results of a Prospective Cohort Study. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 51-54.
77. Extended curettage and reconstruction with bone grafting or combined bone graft and cement (Sandwich Technique) in giant cell tumors of bone – Prospective study of Functional Outcome. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 55-60.
78. Functional outcome of surgical fixation of acetabular fractures – A prospective study of 31 patients with minimum 3 years follow up. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 61-68.
79. Effect of fracture classifications on outcome of lateral condyle humerus fracture in children. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 69-74.
80. Acetabular Fractures – Revisiting the Basics of Management with tips and pearls. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 94-98.
81. Novel technique of preparing articulated hip spacers- technical note. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 102-104.
82. Use of Intramedullary Nail and Ilizarov Ring Fixator to Achieve Fusion in Infected Total Knee Arthroplasty. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 108-111.
83. Corrective Femoral Osteotomy in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty – Technical note. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 112-114.
84. Prospective Double-blinded Randomised Study of role of Isolytic Contraction and Passive Manual Stretching to gain Knee Motion after hip surgery – Accepted for Publication in Hong Kong Journal of Physiotherapy
85. Juxtaphyseal Intraosseous Hemangioma of Proximal Femur causing coxa vara and coxa breva deformity in a growing child: a case report. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 121-124.
86. Use of Adjuvant Combined Ozone therapy for treatment of Extensive Tibia Wound- a case report. Published online ahead of Print in Indian Journal of Orthopaedics.
87. Authors' reply to “The INDUS knee prosthesis: Prospective multicentric trial of posteriorly stabilized high-flex design: Two years follow-up”- published in Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. January 2011;45:92-3
88. Traumatic dislocation of hip with ipsilateral femur shaft fracture – A case report. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 125-126.
89. Use of Mobile Phones in Measurement of Knee Range of Motion – An Innovative and Practical Approach. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 127-128.
90. Role of locked compression plate in metaphyseal fractures of Long bone-A prospective study – Medical Journal of Western India. June 2011